Gary,

 >gbak.exe -user SYSDBA -password masterkey -c -R -K -BU 10000 -P 8192 -v
c:\data\yourdb.bak c:\data\yourdb.gdb

I don't think this is good set of options

-c means create database from backup
-r means replace existing file. This is dangerous option, but if you
specify it, you don't need to specify -c
-k restore without creating shadows. Useful for those who use shadows.
-Bu 10000 -sets 10000 page buffers. It will be very bad for Classic.
-p 8192 specifies page size to 8192. Some people prefer bigger or
smaller page sizes.

gbak -c -v will preserve current settings and lead to the less potential
problems.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon