Hi Greg,

Run gstat -r or IBAnalyst and check number of record versions in this table.
I suppose there could be millions of versions.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon

Hi,

We're using Firebird 2.1.2.1818 on Centos 5.9. We have a third party
replication product SymmetricDS, that accesses a single row table very
often to do reads and writes. (It seems to be using the table to manage
some sort of locking between SymmetricDS processes.) Very occasionally,
this table becomes unresponsive. The SymmetricDS process hangs and
IBExpert cannot access the table. Looking at the Firebird server box we
can see a connection that we cannot kill, even with kill -9. The only
way we can resolve the problem is to reboot the Firebird machine.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Greg