Hi Roland,

I have  tried to change this parameter (actually =20), but I don't see any
change.

20? It is below all meaningful values.
If you are using SuperServer, set 10000, if Classic or SuperClassic, set 1024, and _restart_ Firebird.

What  else can I test?

If you are interested in professional optimization (http://ib-aid.com/services/optimization), contact our support.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
www.IBSurgeon.com

AFAIK, the parameter DefaultDbCachePages is intended for newly created
databases as default size of cache pages. It doesn't have effect on existing databases where its own setting is used. Every database can have own setting
about count of cache pages.

It seems to be still not solving this problem using by FileSystemCacheSize.

What else can I test?

Thanks.

<<< 22.01.2014 15:05 - Hugo Eyng "hugoe...@msn.com" >>>

Try changing values for DefaultDbCachePages