Hi Bruce,

DBInfo from IBSurgeon Free Tools (http://ib-aid.com/en/ibsurgeon-free-tools/) will give you database pages statistics.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon

Hi guys.

I know that I need to use gstat, and I know that I have detailed description about it here: Gstat Examples And Interpretation <http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gstat-example-header.html>

image <http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gstat-example-header.html>

Gstat Examples And Interpretation <http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gstat-example-header.html> Gstat Examples And Interpretation Database Header Analyse Entire Database Analyse Data Pages Only Analyse Index Pages Only Selecting T...

View on www.firebirdsql.org <http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gstat-example-header.html>

Preview by Yahoo

However, the description does not say how to determine how much space on hard drive is taken by tables and indices. Somewhere I've read that to calculate size of a table I need to multiply the DB page size with data pages reported by gstat for each table. Is that a correct method?

Could you tell me how to calculate how much space is taken by indicies based on gstat output file?

Regards.

  • [firebird-support]... brucedickin...@wp.pl [firebird-support]
    • [firebird-sup... brucedickin...@wp.pl [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebird... Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]