Hi Virgo,

You should be able to connect to this database with your Firebird (except 3.0). There could be incompatibilities, of course, like reserved words (YEAR, TYPE), but in general it should work for simple SELECT * FROM table.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon
www.ib-aid.com

It is offtopic question, but I dont really know where to ask
and here are probably people, who know someting about older Interbase
versions too.

Customer is interested in using data from existing Interbase 5.6
database in our application (it is currently entered manually). But the
database is on Windows 98 computer (because specific hardware connected
to it) and that Interbase does not seem to be available from network at
all. Could it be, that depending of the Interbase licence network
connections are not available at all? There was some licence file in
Interbase directory, that seemed to indicate 2 user limit, but nothing
else.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.pa...@mail.ee