Hi,

It's been a while since I last used Firebird. I am testing new release
candidate at the moment. Just found something I am not so sure.

I have a database created using "CharSet WIN1254" parameter.

Below is the SQL I used to create a table in that database:

CREATE TABLE KULLANICI

(

  KODU VARCHAR(30)  NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,

  ADI VARCHAR(50),

  SIFRE VARCHAR(64),

  EMAIL VARCHAR(60),

);

And, all below executes without error:

INSERT INTO KULLANICI(KODU) VALUES('EK');

INSERT INTO KULLANICI(KODU) VALUES('ek');

INSERT INTO KULLANICI(KODU) VALUES('Ek');

INSERT INTO KULLANICI(KODU) VALUES('eK');

I can insert "EK", "ek", "Ek", and "eK" as new records in the KODU column of
that table. Somehow primary key of that table is case-sensitive.

I couldn't find anything about primary key defaults to case-sensitive in the
"Firebird-3.0.0_RC2-ReleaseNotes.pdf". I don't remember if that was the case
in earlier versions, too. Just want to be sure about it. Can anybody confirm
if that is a feature?

On my part, I would like to avoid it if possible.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ertan Küçükoğlu

  • [firebi... Ertan Küçükoğlu ertan.kucuko...@1nar.com.tr [firebird-support]