Hi Kjell

 We had a FB 2.54 DB with a few varchars defined as charset ASCII, the
intention was to stop users from entering unreadable characters, so the charset
was there to attempt to filter garbage, at least that was the idea), anyways we
converted all domains from charset ASCII to NONE, and then backup and restore
onto FB 3.0, and it all worked fine. So I guess we were lucky, and the
migration process was not too painfull. On the flip side, the performance we
are getting on 3.0 is worst than on 2.54.... it seems the SMP is not active as
only one processor is doing all the job, and CPU affinity is set to zero, so we
are not sure what's going on.

 Cheers,
 Fabian

  • [firebir... fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]