Hey All,

Does anyone have the latest install guides for Firebird 3 on systemd  based
Ubuntu systems?

I installed firebird, gave it the password but the install had output as follows

Created default security3.fdb
Failed to start firebird3.0-server.service: Unit firebird3.0-server.service not
found.
Firebird 3.0 server not enabled or unable to start
Not setting SYSDBA password
Please run 'dpkg-reconfigure firebird3.0-server'

Tried dpkg-reconfigure, still no startup, so I tried systemctl status
firebird3.0.service and I got the following in return

● firebird3.0.service - Firebird Database Server ( SuperServer )
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/firebird3.0.service; disabled; vendor
preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: resources) since Tue 2016-05-31 09:49:39 EDT; 24s ago
  Process: 11352 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/fbguard -pidfile
/var/run/firebird/3.0default.pid -daemon -forever (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)

systemd[1]: Starting Firebird Database Server ( SuperServer )...
firebird[11355]: Security database error
systemd[1]: firebird3.0.service: PID file /var/run/firebird/3.0default.pid not
readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
systemd[1]: firebird3.0.service: Daemon never wrote its PID file. Failing.
systemd[1]: Failed to start Firebird Database Server ( SuperServer ).
systemd[1]: firebird3.0.service: Unit entered failed state.
systemd[1]: firebird3.0.service: Failed with result 'resources'.

>From what I am reading, it appears firebird will not startup until the sysdba
>password is set, yet, the configuration tools won’t set the sysdba password
>until the server starts?

Does anyone have any indication about what I am doing wrong here?

Best regards

Dalton Calford / Senior Systems Database Administrator, Information Systems
DISTRIBUTEL
56 Aberfoyle Crescent
Toronto(Ontario) M8X 2W4
T  416.969.8154