Hi All

We are having trouble setting up the database cache size on FB 3.0
running on Windows 2008 R2 64 bits with 32 GB ram.

The problem we have is we cannot get the server to allocate the ram for
the cache as we intend. With FB 2.54 we had the DB cache set very high,
close to 1 GB per database, all running in RAM memory. With FB 3.0 we
read it can allocate much more RAM to the cache, but it appears the
server is allocating very small amount of Ram when the first user
connects to the DB, and as we connect more users to the DB the ram
consumption increases slowly. The setting we are playing with are:

On firebird.conf

FileSystemCacheThreshold = 0
FileSystemCacheSize = 17179869184 (this is 16 GB - the server has 32 GB
ram.)

On databases.conf

MyTestDB = c:\Temp\MyDb.fdb
{
        DefaultDbCachePages = 458752
}

Any ideas what could be wrong? Or what settings would give us maximum
RAM usage for the DB cache (we dont want file system cache meaning HDD
cache, we want to have the DB in RAM for the purpose of reading the DB)

Cheers,
Fabian

  • [f... Fabian Ernesto Chocron fabia...@itbizolutions.com.au [firebird-support]
    • ... Alexey Kovyazin (ak) a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]