Hi,

Recompile all stored procedures and triggers in Firebird 3.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon HQbird www.ib-aid.com/hqbird

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to migrate my database from 2.5 to 3.0 now.
It was tested before and worked successfully with great help from firebird community.
But unfortunately, all my notes were gone with my lost laptop.

Now I show all my steps I have done for migration procedure.

1. Use gbak (FB 2.5) to backup Firebird 2.5 database file.
2. Use gbak (FB 3.0) to restore backuped FBK file to a new database file.
3. Use isql, to run: SQL> alter user sysdba set password 'masterkey';
respond: Database: myimport, User: SYSDBA
4. Open new database file in IBExpert, it works.
5. Run my own applicatoin which works with FB2.5, error message shows below:
[FireDAC][Phys][FB]Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your
database administrator to set up a Firebird login.

********************************
Connection string inside my code
********************************
  object dbcMain: TFDConnection
    Params.Strings = (
      'DriverID=FB'
      'User_Name=sysdba'
      'Password=masterkey')
********************************

I guess that one or two steps must be missed in this procedure but I really
can't recall my memory any more.
Please anyone can show me what is the key point to get this new FDB file
working?

Thanks.

Best regards,

James