Hi,

We have a big customer here who processes large numbers of transactions into a
large database and plans to not backup and restore.

We are using Dialect 3. I think that means that the TID is 32 bits. I think
that means they get 4,294,967,296 transactions before overflow - I'm assuming
the TID is an unsigned integer. Is that correct?

If we move to dialect 3, does the TID become 64 bits?

Thanks,

Brian
[cid:image004.png@01D39141.C966B6D0]Brian Dunstan, CHIA
Technical Lead
Telstra Health - Communicare

M  +61 419 906 150
E   brian.duns...@health.telstra.com<mailto:brian.duns...@health.telstra.com>
W  www.telstrahealth.com<http://www.telstrahealth.com/>

This email may contain confidential information.
If I've sent it to you by accident, please delete it immediately

  • [firebir... Brian Dunstan brian.duns...@health.telstra.com [firebird-support]
    • Re:... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]
    • Re:... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
      • ... Brian Dunstan brian.duns...@health.telstra.com [firebird-support]