For many years I have been tracking the development of the Firebird Database
Engine and have watched it move from its 1.5 version to its most recent
release, version 3.0.3.

 On a number of occasions I have attempted to work with this database engine.
And though I have many years of extensive database application development with
quite a few database engines, Firebird always seem to allude my attempts at
mastering it.

 From major to minor "gotchas" from a lack of good introductory documentation
regarding the many differences between this database engine and its many
contemporaries, which more or less towed a standardized SQL line, even with the
many enhancements made to any one engine, Firebird frustrated my efforts to the
point on these occasions where I decided the efforts in learning it were simply
not justified.

 Nonetheless, Firebird still beckoned as mastering it was an accomplishment I
still wanted to achieve.  As a result, seeing the mostly negative aspects of
using Microsoft's SQL Server LocalDB for a desktop application I have been
developing, I decided to "bite the bullet" and somehow find a way to teach
myself Firebird in order take advantage of its excellent embedded engine also
known as the Firebird Embedded Server.

 The result of this endeavor, which has been very successful so far, is a
detailed article that attempts to make it much easier for experienced
professionals to learn Firebird who also, like I, have many years of
development experience with other database engines.  The article points out the
many differences when using this engine for scripting within query and action
screens in a db-manager or creating database modules with Firebird PSQL that
can drive even experienced professionals to the point of distraction.
Hopefully, my experiences will help such professionals who want to master
Firebird as well a much easier learning experience.

 The article can be found at the following link for everyone's review...

https://blackfalconsoftware.wordpress.com/2018/05/11/the-firebird-database-engine-the-frustrations-of-the-long-distance-database-application-developer/

https://blackfalconsoftware.wordpress.com/2018/05/11/the-firebird-database-engine-the-frustrations-of-the-long-distance-database-application-developer/

 Admittedly, there may be some mistakes in this piece since it was developed
around my own learning experiences with this database engine.  As a result, if
anyone has any comments, corrections, or suggestions please let me know at my
email address...  blackfalconsoftw...@outlook.com

 In addition, if anyone would like a PDF copy of this piece, please let me know
as well and I will prepare one and send it out...

  • [firebird-support... blackfalconsoftw...@outlook.com [firebird-support]
    • RE: [firebir... 'Live.com Email' emendez...@nc.rr.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... 'livius' liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
      • Re: [fir... 'livius' liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]