Firebird doesn't support schemas.
This is the main reason I am replacing it by PostgreSQL in all my projects.

In versions prior to 3.0, there is a limit on SQL instruction size, what
makes it hard to use with frameworks like Hibernate, which tends to
generate huge SQL instructions.
But this is solved in version 3.0, so you should disconsider this one if
you are using this version.

There is a 31 characters table name limit, the can bring some restrictions
if you are planning to create a multi-database application and you use big
table names.

But, if your project will be bound to a single database, you can live with
these issues.

The advantages I see on Firebird over PostgreSQL is single file database,
great charset and collation support, easiest to mantain, doesn't bring a
bunch of features you will never use, small installation size.

Regards,

Em ter, 6 de nov de 2018 às 11:10, Kjell Rilbe
kjell.ri...@marknadsinformation.se [firebird-support] <

  • [firebi... Kjell Rilbe kjell.ri...@marknadsinformation.se [firebird-support]
    • Re... Fabiano Bonin fabiano.bo...@personalsoft.com.br [firebird-support]
      • ... Michal Kurczabinski michk...@gmail.com [firebird-support]