Hi Karol,

This advice is based on our experience - disabling file cache for big databases (definitely larger than RAM size) leads to slowness.
I don't have explanation for this on the theoretical level.

If you have real-world example when Firebird works faster without file cache, please provide details about it.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon