It is superserver.

 I tried to skim the source code - tha call stack is:

 INET_analyze
    INET_connect
        send_full(port, packet)
            xdr_protocol(&port->port_send, packet) / bool_t xdr_protocol(XDR*
xdrs, PACKET* p)
                case op_connect:
                {
                    connect = &p->p_cnct; //is this really some function call?
Function with name/address p_cnct?

 So - the call packet->p_cnct determines all. I hoped to narrow down the call
stack to the single socket operation from which I could deduce the result of
packet->p_operation (the full list of possible values are in the protocol.h
P_OP enumeration) but at present I can not do it.

 My understanding is that p_cnct is expanded further and the resulting
determination of the value of p_operation involves both technical (e.g.
connectivity issues) and logical (e.g. some kind of processing of connection
data done by Firebird server) factors, so I can not rely that those factors
would be logged in some journals of the operating system.

 I see that xdr_protocol involved DEBUG_XDR_PACKET(xdrs, p); i.e. I could catch
the error using the debug relesae of the server/client... But I am not user
whether I can put debug release in the production environment...

  • [firebird-support... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... Dimitry Sibiryakov s...@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]
      • [firebir... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... John vdW j...@jvdw.nl [firebird-support]