Hello,

So, I did understand correctly - anyone can open any Firebird database and view the data
(unless it happens to be encrypted).

No, not exactly, - you can protect from scenario with replacing security database with a change of database owner (create database under MyUser).

I am rather shocked by  that.

Why? Any database can be opened if you have access to the database file - there are plenty of recovery tools for MSSQL, PostrgeSQL, etc, to dump the contents of the database.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon

Alexey, thank you for the extremenly quick response.

So, I did understand correctly - anyone can open any Firebird database and view the data (unless it happens to be encrypted).

I am rather shocked by that.

Steve Bailey

  • [firebird-support... sbai...@mutualconsultants.ltd.uk [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]