I use Firebird since 0.x version (open interbase?) .

It's the most versatile db I've found so far : embedded and full server,
linux(99%) and windows, odbc or jaybird.

Installs in 5 minutes with db configuration.

I never had a performance issue that was not my fault and biggest db's
are 80GB+ with ~300 concurrent sessions .

The "tooling" is becoming a problem for me as I use less and less
ms-windows. There are no linux tools I can bare to use daily as
Flamerobin is, and I must start migrating to v3 ASAP. I'm starting to
evaluate windows tools within WINE and java based tools .

Regards

Pablo Sánchez

  • [firebird... Alex Castillo acr_k...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: ... liviuslivius liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]