On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:00:15 -0700
"Jamin W. Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 08:36:01AM -0600, Jacob S wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to restrict ssh access to a server so that only ips on
> > our T1 can access it. I used the following format:
> >
> > TRUSTED_CONNECTIONS="src.com.ip.xx()-svr.dst.ip.xx(:22)"
>
> <ashamed>
> It appears I never implemented that variable in the firewall script.
> I clearly see it in the firewall.conf but it is never referenced in
> the firewall script itself.
> </ashamed>

I wondered why I couldn't spot anything related to it in
/etc/init.d/firewall. :-)

I looked at the code for some of the other functions in the firewall,
did a man iptables and added some code to /etc/init.d/firewall. In the
process, I checked iptables to see how to specify a netmask - it turns
out the existing sed regexes in the script already format it properly.
It works in my tests on one of my servers (running Debian Sarge and a
2.4.26 kernel), but I did not do very extensive testing.

I've attached two patches to this e-mail.

Thanks for the great firewall script, Jamin!

Jacob