AI1P Matt Steven wrote:

I recently ordered a Flex-3000 and I'm trying to get my software in order. I noticed that the $30 VAC seems to be a requirement if you want to get the most out of the device.
VAC is certainly not a 'requirement' to run the Flex. You can always run actual cables to your soundcard, just as you would have to do with a conventional radio. Using PowerSDR + VAC gives you the _option_ of keeping everything in the digital domain, cutting out possible RFI issues.
I don't know Jack (Hmm) but I see others have commented.
I think VAC is good value for what it does, and I don't know of an alternative. I have the F3000 and use VAC to feed HRD, Spectran, WSJT when I want to run digital modes.

GL & 73, Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an
160m > 24Gigs