dan edwards wrote:
FWIW
since i've decided the f3k is a 'keeper' i coughed up the dough forthe
recommended bose companion 2 speakers, to replace the cheapiesI started with.
the hard-core audiophiles on my SUV forum snub bose, typically.'no highs, no
lows, must be bose'...
while i am usually a headphones guy, these things are NICE !! finally 'bin'
sounds GOOD..sam's has em for $69 ish..
I have Bose C2 speakers on both my SDR1K and F3K systems. I think they sound very good, but for me the most important thing is they seem to be completely bomb-proof to RFI. I can run a kW on any band with no problem, whereas my Altec-Lansing computer speakers jump off the bench. They also have a convenient volume control knob on the front, the only knob I use with my radios.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an