Graham Haddock wrote:
Hi Ron:

The display of the RF power on PowerSDR is an estimate from measuring the
drive levels
and the PA calibration.  It does not actually measure power output.  In
future releases,
(as in next Fridays 2.0.6) it will change to a relative scale of 0 to 100,
where 100 is the
calibrated 5 Watt point.

My unit works just fine with the transverter ports. I get between 1 and 1.5mW out depending on frequency. The PSDR display still shows 5W output, even though there is nothing coming out at the main antenna port. From Graham's comments I understand why that is. (I have XVTX/C selected in the Antenna form). The indication, and the actual output vary as expected with the drive control. As many of my transverters use non-standard IFs, I was very pleased to see that FLEX did listen to our request for open Tx at the low power output. You have to set it up with the transverter form, so that the final frequency is within a valid band. Even if you select the PA option, there is no output from the main antenna port. This is exactly as it should be.

I currently have a lash-up on the bench to drive my 10Gig transverter. 10368.1 comes out at about 33.6MHz. I need to get this tidied up before the August contest weekend.

This is a really nice rig. I'll probably get a couple more before too long.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an