"Just on a side note, any special reason you are using Com0com for your virtual serial ports?"

The only answer I can give is that I grabbed what was recommended by a few members here in the Flex archives and the Flex Wiki. I believe I started out with Vcom, which worked fine for me, but then went to Com0com about 6 weeks ago based upon comments I read somewhere that it offered some advantages with the mix of programs we tend to use. I'm always open to trying out new stuff so I'll take a look at vspMgr down the road. To be honest Michael, I've worked the digital modes for many years, but it's like an all new experience (a good one) with the Flex, so I'm just sitting back and enjoying the experience for now! I have a lot more reading to do before I grasp what DDUtil does. Thanks again for your assistance.

73,

Rob W1AEX