On 6/19/2011 3:21 AM, Michael Ruttenberg wrote:
Hi all

I'm on 6m (51.530Mhz) with a Flex 3000 and I am seeing "6m deadband" below
the ferquency output on VFO A.

What does this mean and how do I make it use NFM. This is a working
frequency in the UK (bandplan 50-52Mhz).

I have never tried operating in that part of the band, but just tuning there now it says the same thing as you see. However, it looks like just an info text, as there doesn't seem to be any restriction on transmitting there. I can get full power out on FMN across that band segment. As for the text, I imagine it may have something to do with a guard-band between repeater in/out and simplex frequencies. I am not familiar with the US bandplan in that frequency range.
The text can be modified by editing the database.

GL & 73,  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an