Hi Kent,

I ran into this on 20 meters and 30 meters with my Flex 5K. It turned out to be
an awkward impedance bump, caused by a homebrew RF pickup I was using for my
scope, that was in the path between my Flex and the 50 ohm load. I found that if I used a short length of RG-213 directly into my 50 ohm dummy load the Flex made 100 watts on every band. You might try a direct connection just to eliminate any
hardware external to your Flex 3K that might be causing the issue.

If you still see less than expected output on 40 and 20 meters, I'd suggest that you reset the database in whatever version you are using, and then run a quick check of power supply current draw at maximum output for each band from 160-6 meters. While running directly into your dummy load, record the current you are drawing on each band at maximum output. At 100 watts output it should be around 20 amps, plus or minus a little, assuming your power supply is delivering 13.8 volts to the Flex. If 40 meters and 20 meters are still producing low output, but drawing 20 amps or more, I would suggest you contact Flex Technical support
so they can walk you through some possible resolutions.

73,

Rob W1AEX