Hi Mike,

I have a Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 system that I used with my Flex 5000A initially. Although it sounded beautiful, the built-in switching power supply located in the bass unit produced very strong "buzzy" oscillations that populated the 160 meter and 75 meter bands. Using a brute force filter in the AC line and ferrite chokes on each audio line to the bass unit and control head diminished the noise somewhat but it was still an annoying issue. I ended up moving the Klipsch over to my gaming system with a power strip so that I could shut it off when it's not being used. I have no idea if they still employ the same type of power supply in later models, but you might want to keep this issue in mind if you decide to run with the Klipsch ProMedia. I ended up installing a Bose Companion Series 2 system (dual input shared between the Flex and the PC) and it has been trouble-free. As previously mentioned in the thread, it was necessary to run a ground strap from the Bose control head speaker to the station ground to eliminate RF feedback when the PC was connected to the second input.

73,

Rob W1AEX