Yup, as Bill said, it will work fine that way, but you are missing out on an interesting feature for the AM mode that is built into the Flex - PSDR architecture. From page 161 of the PowerSDR 2.x manual:

"The Carrier Level determines the percentage of carrier level to be applied to the transmit signal where 100% is one quarter of full power output (25W when Drive on the front console is set to 100). So a setting of 80 would yield roughly 16W when Drive is set to 100. This is useful as it allows the
modulation to appear much stronger due to the weaker carrier."

I typically run a carrier level of 45% and a drive level of 12 - 20 to drive my pair of 3-500's to reach an AM carrier level of between 120 watts to 200 watts output. Watching my bench scope, I set up the audio chain to modulate to roughly 125% - 135% positive. It's certainly capable of even higher percentages without the disadvantages of a plate modulated rig which will splatter and distort as it hits the baseline in the negative direction. Many boat anchor receivers with simple diode detectors have difficulty handling signals with positive peaks beyond 135% so that has to be kept in mind. Also, if you drop the carrier percentage too low, you will begin to sound more like a double sideband signal than an AM signal. At any rate, it's fun to mess around with!

73,

Rob W1AEX

I am not sure why you would ever run with the carrier level at anything other than 100%.

73,
Harry
W0LS