On 1/13/2012 8:12 PM, Tim Ellison, W4TME wrote:
That is a misprint in the draft manual. It was an intended feature of the FLEX-1500 that was pulled from the final design of the FLEX-1500.

On 1/13/2012 9:37 PM, Don May wrote:
Brian,

Interesting.

Page 4 of the Flex-1500 manual under (3)Phones Jack states, "Additionally the Flex-1500 can drive an unpowered mono speaker at 1 watt with the speaker wired to the tip and ring of the stereo plug...".

This is what I already have done and it does drive an external 6-7" speaker reasonably well.

Um. That is exactly how I use my 1500 when portable.
I have no idea what the audio power is, but the tip-to-ring drives a RadioShack 4" speaker to quite adequate volume. Saves having to bring a bunch of other stuff up the mountain.

73  Alf  NU8I