I took my Flex-1500 down and found a few stations in the new band tonight! First was WE2XGR/1 on 506.3 with a CW beacon. He was 579 and would have been an easy QSO. Of course, there's currently no QRM! He's located in FN42hi and I'm in FN04gc.

I also heard what sounded like someone calling CQ in JT65x. Can't tell what mode for sure because I don't have WSJT installed on this computer yet. He was on 497.5 kHz and had a strong signal.

Luckily the 600m band is above where the front end filter on my 1500 cuts out so I'm able to listen here without any trouble. Antenna is a Wellbrook Loop sitting on the ground and currently leaning against my landlord's garden shed. I'll be setting it up on a TV antenna tripod (on the ground) with a rotor this weekend.

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS