Mike,

I have a Samsung SA300 22" LED monitor with the infamous "touch sensor controls" that can be problematic. My monitor would turn itself off whenever I ran my amplifier on 160 meters. This is quite disconcerting while you're operating your Flex. I had no problems with any other bands. By using a field strength meter, I was able to observe that RF was coupling into my rotor cable as it came down the tower and traversed the 100 foot run from the tower to my station. This was happening even though all the cables from the tower are grounded before they make the run up to the second floor. At any rate, I had a nice big mix 43 donut in the junk box and wound the rotor cable through it 20 times. That was the end of that problem.

So... it seems that this particular Samsung model is problematic. By the way, Samsung technical support was completely useless. I made the mistake of contacting them by email, and they made such helpful suggestions as moving the monitor at least 75 feet from the transmitter or turning the transmitter off whenever I needed to use the monitor. Yeah, they were really helpful, but they did pass my email address along to their marketing people so that I was getting several "offers" each day until I added them to the black list on my mail server.

Good luck!

73,

Rob W1AEX

--
One thing I'm certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world.