One item. In step #1 do not copy, but EXPORT using the Setup form. This will allow you to put it on a thumb drive for the new PC. All your other assumptions are correct.

If you run into any issues bringing up the radio after installing 2.7.2, just open a support ticket with the HelpDesk.

Tim Ellison, W4TME
Customer Experience Manager
FlexRadio Systems™
4616 W Howard Ln, Suite 1-150