Yes. As long as the radio models and PowerSDR software versions are the same, you can transfer the database from one PC to another.

The easiest way to do this is the start PowerSDR with the radio connected to the Win7 PC. Open the Setup form and do a database export. Copy the resulting database file to the Win8 PC (the desktop is a convenient place).

Shut down the 5000, connect it to the Win8 PC, power it up and start PowerSDR. Open the Setup form and do a database import. PowerSDR will restart and you will be running using the Win7 database.

In the future, I highly recommend that you open a HelpDesk support ticket if you require support from FlexRadio systems. It is the fastest and easiest way to get answers to your technical questions.

For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Support

Tim Ellison, W4TME
Customer Experience Manager
FlexRadio Systems^(TM)