Try verifying that the system files are not damaged by running sfc /scannow in a command windows with admin rights.

The sfc utility will scan your system files and attempt to repair any damage that it finds. Note that it might ask you for the Windows 7 distribution media in order to carry out these repairs.

Tim Ellison, W4TME
Customer Experience Manager
FlexRadio Systems^(TM)
4616 W Howard Ln, Suite 1-150