Hi,

I would like to know if anybody is working on inserting and animating
Models into flightgear. I have contacted David Culp with these questions
(see below). He said that the FDM for the model support it, but there is no
flight plan yet. So, I was wondering if anybody is working on it so that
I can participate with them.

thanks
Chandra

David Culp wrote:

>1) I tried the instructions in the website but I am able to insert only
>>     one AI object. Suppose if I tried to insert a ship and aircraft,
>> only the first in the order appears.

This may be fixed in CVS.  Are you using CVS or version 0.9.4?
There may be some work needed here.

>> 2) Is there a way to control these objects dynamically when flight is
>> running.

Not yet.  The FDM for the models supports it, but we don't yet have a
"flight
plan" object to contain the course/altitude information for each model.
The
AIAircraft object has functions like TurnTo() and ClimbTo(), but these
remain
untested without a suitable scripting or "flight plan" scheme.

I would like to work some more on this but I don't have the time these
days.
Erik Hofman was doing some work on it too.

Dave