Buchanan, Stuart schrieb:
Hi All,

I'm trying to compile TerraGear on Cygwin, after
enjoying FlightGear for a while and deciding to put
something back. I've already compiled/installed
SimGear, and now I'm trying to compile nurbs++ 3.0.11,
which is failing with the error at the bottom of the
mail.

I'm using gcc v3.4.4. I recall seeing a message
previously suggesting that one should use gcc v3.3.3,
but I haven't managed to find it again, and I can't
get the cygwin setup program to allow me to downgrade
to it.

There is a conveniently named patch-file in the TerraGear sources which is to be applied to the nurbs++-sources when compiling with gcc 3.4.4. You might want to have a look at README.nurbs++ in TerraGear.

However, when I tried compiling TerraGear,nurbs++ et al. under Cygwin the last time there was a problem with some "unqualified-id" being expected in stl_bvector.h, which is a header-file from the libstdc++. I didn't come to solve that. Interestingly the same header-file is used by mingw32, but no syntax error there, IIRC.

Ralf