Hello,

I would like to add support for KDE and GNOME to the excellent
Fl_Native_File_Chooser by erco. Fortunately, both provide external binaries
(called kdialog and zenity respectively) that are part of standard distribution
and should be installed on any system, so there are no dependencies introduced.
Ideally I want to get kdialog if KDE is running (and kdialog is available),
zenity if GNOME is running (and if zenity is available) and otherwise the
standard fltk dialog. The way to detect KDE or GNOME is through environment
variables: KDE_FULL_SESSION [1] and GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID [2].

Here is the code:

http://vljubovic.members.epn.ba/Fl_Native_File_Chooser_UNIX.tar.gz

it's still rough around the edges and somewhat untested (especially the gnome
part). To use it, basically just replace Fl_Native...FLTK.cxx/.h with
Fl_Native...UNIX.cxx/.h and appropriately fix the files
Fl_Native_File_Chooser.cxx/.h and Makefile. I hope the filename is politically
correct :) I would like to contribute it for use under the same license as
Fl_Native_File_Chooser, which is GNU GPLv2 or later.

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/SysAdmin/Environment_Variables#KDE_FULL_SESSION

[2] Apparently undocumented, but both of these variables are used by xdg-utils
to detect running desktop: http://portland.freedesktop.org/xdg-utils-1.0/