What about a TeX-parody?
  +---      +--\
  |         |  |
  +-- /--\  +--/
  |  |    | |
     |    |
      \--/
Not bad, but what does it mean? (And does logo should mean anything?) :)

Colored as the current logo, or more in shades like the
Apache feather? (feather - part of a parrot - hmm)
I've been imagining F and P as fancy dropcaps and/or a little o with a parrot sitting on it, colored or just outlined (something like this one [1]). Anyway each of us has a great imagination, but we need real logos to choose and why not to make a contest? It's kind of PR after all.

[1] http://www.nyc-poly.org/Poly%20parrot.gif
--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team