> Keiron Liddle wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In order to make things more modular I would like to split the layout manager
> > interface into two parts. One part that is used in the creation from the FO tree
and
> > another that is used by the implementations in order to do the actual layout.
>
> See my notes on the relationship between FO tree buildng and layout.  In
> my view, the FO expressions cannot, in certain circumstances, and
> therefore in general, be *parsed* until the layout of their enclosing
> areas has occurred.  The description in the spec of discrete processes
> of FO tree and area tree building is simply wrong and grossly misleading.

I have had a quick read and there should be no problem.
This doesn't effect what the layout manager implementations see, only what the
FO tree sees when creating the managers. If you need to put a call back or call a
method on the FO tree it will still be possible.

> As long as the information path from the layout implementation back
> through the FO tree/layout interface to the FO tree builder is defined.

It will remain as possible as it is know.