Hi All,

The PDF transcoder could be packaged with Batik so that it can be used by users
of Batik only and also used independanlty from the rest of FOP.

So will there be any problems. There is the pdf-transcoder build target that
creates the transcoder jar. We could create a tag for the release (call it beta2?).
We do need to make it clear that a FOP release cannot be used at the same time
as this jar due to various changes.

The PDF transcoder seems to be working fine. There are a couple of problems.
Issues:
- the use of avalon Enumeration requires avalon in the path. It is only used as an
interface for one of the font classes, do we really need that
- do we need all of the font classes for transcoding, which ones can be left out

There are some minor bugs with patterns in patterns, drawing images and fonts
but there won't be any fixes soon.

Also what is the status of the PS transcoder? Could this be included.

Keiron