> Thanks Keiron for the feedback!
>
> I found and reviewed the discussion regarding the move to Avalon (ref:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=102266666606705&w=2 ).
>
> I also appreciate your point that some aspects of configuration have
> already been 're-enabled'; as exemplified in CommandLineStarter.run()
> which calls commandLineOptions.getOutputFile() and
> commandLineOptions.getRendererOptions().
>
> I want to use the -c option to import a font refed in a userconfig.xml
> file as per
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#Register+the+fonts+within+FOP-
> N10261
>
> I can see that CommandLineOptions.parseOptions(...) is caching my
> userconfig.xml file in its userConfigFile member. Grepping the source
> does not reveal anyone calling the getUserConfigFile() accessor and I'm
> unable to find anyone parsing the userConfigFile, so this is what I
> mean when I say that I suspect configuration is not completely
> "re-enabled."

To get the configuration we will probably use the DefaultConfigurationBuilder in
avalon framework:
http://avalon.apache.org/framework/api/index.html
The buildFromFile will return a Configuration object which holds all the
configuration data.

If you then look in org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer in the configure
method you will see that it reads the filter and font information.
I don't think there is any code to hook this up.

You could do the filename to Configuration object in the Driver. Then it could call
configure on the Renderer. I think it will need to get a child Configuration object
that matches the mime type for the renderer. Take a look at xml-fop/conf/fop.xconf
for a draft of the configuration XML format.

Good luck. If you need any more help then give us a yell.