Hi,

<snip />
> So I am still looking for a proper solution for this background-image
problem.

One known workaround is to use a static-content bound to a region-before or
region-after that overlaps the entire region-body. Then inside that
static-content, you can use a fo:external-graphic to insert the background
image. (IIC, it should end up in the background) In that way, you have more
options at your disposal to control the size of the graphic (and as a
consequence also its resolution).

Obviously this one depends on whether you're already using the region-before
or -after...

Afraid this is all I can give you for the moment. If you need any further
assistance, just give us a yell.

Greetz,

Andreas