Hi Clay,

> > BTW, I took a look at the FO file, and here're a few comments...
> >
> > - Computers can add numbers (2+2), but not a number to a string:
> > <fo:table-column column-width="2cm+proportional-column-width(1)" />

I wouldn't be so sure whether this is disallowed, as it seems to make sense
to say:
a minimum of 2cm per column, and the remaining table-width, whatever that
is, evenly divided over the two columns. AFAICT, the column-width property
has no other way of enforcing a minimum value (as there are no components
like .minimum / .maximum / .optimum for this property).

If I get the Property-related code correctly, this gets treated just as any
other expression, only that the latter operand itself becomes a new
expression which needs to be resolved in its turn.

Although, I must admit that these were among the first I fiddled with to try
and avoid the warnings... the cause of which I still haven't located, and it
*should* be somewhere on the first page according to the log messages.

<snip />
> > - content in fo:table cannot be between fo:table-rows. It must be
> > inside table-cells and then blocks

Absolutely correct. Hadn't even noticed this, but your final...

<snip />
> > - I don't think width is useful on fo:table:
> > <fo:table width="100%" table-layout="fixed">

Oh yes it is! Moreover, when using proportional-column-width() you must set
an explicit IPD for the table (at least as a percentage) according to the
spec:

<q>
7.26.9 "column-width"
If the use of proportional column widths are desired on a table of an
unknown explicit width, the inline-progression-dimension cannot be specified
to be "auto". Instead, the width must be specified as a percentage.
</q>

In LRTB writing-mode, you could also use inline-progression-dimension for
this (width is mapped to one of IPD or BPD anyway, depending on writing-mode
and reference-orientation).

Greetz,

Andreas