Alexander Elsholz wrote:
we use the awtrenderer for asynchron printing. that means start printjob in
an own thread and we stop the rendering-process when page-queue is larger
then 3 items. the print-method of pageable wakes up the renderer to go on.

Since few months we have font-scaling problems and we have find out that
when printing synchron we have no problems.

The AWT is not thread safe. Check whether upgrading to the latest 1.4 JDK solves the problem, Sun fixed some font-related problems.

J.Pietschmann