On Feb 11, 2005, at 1:27 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Maestro

You mentioned that the use of <fo:block white-space-collapse="false" >
preserves the line breaks in the text. This is presicely the behavior I
actually want in my PDF processing. If this is non-conformant as you
mentioned what should I do to maintain the linebreaks / newline feed
present in the database ?

Thanks
Manoj

I'm not certain how to handle that... Perhaps another listie might know more about that. I was including it since it's part of the info on that page. :-)

But since it 'works' in fop-0.20.5, you can always continue to use fop-0.20.5 even after fop-1.0 is released. Either that, or there might be some other solutions in XSL-FO you could find. I think the keyword you should look at is 'white-space' (white-space-preserve, white-space-collapse, etc.).

Web Maestro Clay
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet