-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 March 2005 09:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FopServlet

On 10.03.2005 08:49:26 Ben Gill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok I tried it again and get the same exception!!
>
> Here is my code (well I have given you the equiv with project team!):

<snip/>

Hmm, you are still using the InputHandler approach which I personally
don't consider ideal. I'd integrate the renderXML() method into the main
execute method and use the pattern from ExampleObj2PDF 1:1. But I can't
tell if your problem has something to do with that. Probably not.

Ok, I tried this and still get the same error... I have created a Junit test
for this and here is my code, based upon the ExampleObj2PDF example:

 public void testGeneratePDF() throws Exception {
                try {
                        Incident incident = incidentsDAO.loadIncident(new
Long(121));

                File baseDir = new File(".");
                File outDir = new File(baseDir, "out");
                outDir.mkdirs();

                File xslFile = new File(baseDir,
"../source/src/com/ocado/tracker/incidents/fop/incident2FO.xsl");

                Driver driver = new Driver();
                Logger logger = new ConsoleLogger(ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_INFO);
                driver.setLogger(logger);
                MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(logger);
                driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);

                try {

                driver.setOutputStream(out);

            //Setup XSLT
            Transformer transformer = factory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(xslFile));

            //Setup input for XSLT transformation
            Source src = incident.getSource();

            //Resulting SAX events (the generated FO) must be piped through
to FOP
            Result res = new SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler());

            //Start XSLT transformation and FOP processing
            transformer.transform(src, res);
                } finally {
                        if (out!=null) {
                                out.close();
                        }
                }

                SAXSource xmlSource = new SAXSource(new
IncidentsXMLReader(), new IncidentsInputSource(incident));

                SAXSource xslSource = new SAXSource(
                                new InputSource(new
FileInputStream(xslFile)));

                TraxInputHandler input =
                    new TraxInputHandler(xmlSource.getInputSource(),
                                         xslSource.getInputSource());

                input.run(driver);

                byte[] content = out.toByteArray();
                log.debug("Got content [" + content + "]");

            }
            catch (Exception e) {
                log.error("Error [" + e.getMessage() + "]", e);
            }
        }

obviously,my Incident is your ProjectTeam!!!

> and here is the stack trace:
>
> 2005-03-10 07:40:21 StandardContext[/tracker]:  Mapped to servlet 'fop'
with
> servlet path '/fop' and path info 'null' and update=true
> 2005-03-10 07:40:23 StandardWrapperValve[fop]: Servlet.service() for
servlet
> fop threw exception
> javax.servlet.ServletException: java.net.MalformedURLException
>       at
> com.ocado.tracker.common.FopServlet.renderXML(FopServlet.java:150)
>       at com.ocado.tracker.common.FopServlet.execute(FopServlet.java:116)

Ok, this doesn't say much other than there's an URL somewhere that's
making problems.

Yes, and it could be the way this:

"../source/src/com/ocado/tracker/incidents/fop/incident2FO.xsl");

(but the it finds the xsl file and says it exists and this is the string I
use for my working version...)

or in the XSL:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.1"
        xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
        exclude-result-prefixes="fo">

and/or

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

As you noted, the error is coming from the DTD:

Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:571)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:434)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:383)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDocumentEntity(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM(DTMManagerDefault.java:495)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:
658)

and there is no DTD reference in the XML I pass in, so it looks like it is
having a problem with one of the
two URL's in the XSL stylesheet...

I always wonder why these core Java classes dont throw out what the URL it
thinks is malformed!!

Regards

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre.

Notice:  This email is confidential and may contain copyright material of Ocado
Limited (the "Company"). Opinions and views expressed in this message may not
necessarily reflect the opinions and views of the Company.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete
all copies of this message. Please note that it is your responsibility to scan
this message for viruses.

Company reg. no. 3875000.
Ocado Limited
Titan Court