Hint received.

However, I am too busy using it to spend any time developing it.

(Actually, at this point, I rarely look at FOP. It runs a lot to produce
all kinds of documents around here, but my work these days mostly consists
of writing documents rather than setting up the document production
system. Being a one-person documentation department at a software company
is an interesting job.)

If it helps any, rest assured that I very much appreciate and applaud your
efforts and the efforts of the others who develop FOP.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/14/2005 11:21 AM
Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Why xmlgraphics?

Don't worry. That won't happen. We're on track. And if we get some help
on the way, even better. hint, hint!

On 14.03.2005 17:54:04 JBryant wrote:
> I just don't want to see FOP lose its focus on implementing the XSL-FO
> spec and wander off into becoming some kind of oddball graphics
rendering
> engine for other purposes. The current version of FOP is a good tool
that
> I use a lot, and it has substantial promise to become even better in the

> upcoming versions, so I'd hate to see it get sidetracked.
>
> Jay Bryant
> Bryant Communication Services
> (presently consulting at Synergistic Solution Technologies)
>

> Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 03/14/2005 10:13 AM
> Please respond to
> fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

> fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Why xmlgraphics?
>

> The Apache board of director requested some time ago that oversight over
> the individual projects be improved. The XML project's PMC couldn't
> provide the demanded oversight over so many projects. The XML project is
> in the process of being broken down. For example, Xalan and Xerces
> both become top-level projects. The same happened with Forrest a bit
> earlier.
>
> XML Graphics was created to host both FOP and Batik because both
> subprojects each implement an XML specification that is used to create
> graphical output. Additionally, both subprojects have certain parts they
> are both interested in (ex. PDF library, SVG to PDF conversion etc.). We
> will soon create an area where common components (used by both
> subprojects) will be maintained. And with the reduced size and the
> mutual interest of the subprojects we can reestablish the oversight that
> the board requested.
>
> I hope that answers it.
>
> On 14.03.2005 16:38:27 JBryant wrote:
> > Why the change from xml.apache.org to xmlgraphics.apache.org?
>

> Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki