[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
My first problem are fo:markers, which I use to display subtotals in pages. The
calculation is correct but a different formatting is not possible!

That's a known bug. The marker content is not reparented (as required by the spec) and partly inherits properties from the marker's parents and *no* properties form the retrieve-marker's parents. I'm not sure about possible work-arounds. I suspect you have to put all necessary formatting properties in the marker element.

Another problem are links in my resulting PDF document. I have a page with a
table with a header and footer. If the footer contains any formatting area and
there is a link in the body of the table, the active area of the link (the area
where the mouse changes and the hover-area is located) is shifted down and not
consistent with the object area, which should represent the link.

That's another known problem. No work-arounds. Getting the hotspot into the corretc position in reference areas other than the page body requires some luck. I tried several times to find the problem in the code and failed due to some rather convoluted design aspects.

I would like to know if there is any possibility to display the total ammount of
pages transformed?

FAQ. See http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages

A last question: I have embedded the translations from XML to PDF into another Java application, which is a school project. I would like to know, if there is any sample code how to embed direct printing into another application?

Have a look at the PrintServlet example, somewhere in the examples directory in the FOP distribution (perhaps only in the source distribution).

J.Pietschmann