> Tom Verhoeff wrote:
> > Can someone explain to me under what circumstances FPC will (attempt to)
> > recompile a unit for which *.ppu and *.o are already available?
> > I couldn't find this in the documentation.
>
> Wrong target (OS) or incompatible compiler version, usually. Vote for:
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/bugs/showrec.php3?ID=4691
>
> :-)
>
> Micha

It's interesting, because it was the last argument for me to uninstall Lazarus
after experiments with compiling it with different compilers. I read about
different OS-es, but the reason was probably different compiler version (or
something absolutely different).

Maybe, if you, Micha, submit "patch" to compiler sources (i.e. point the lines
you want to be changed) to fpc-devel mail list or something, after a short
discussion the developers will add such a hint?

(Of course, only if it is absent in development branch tonow.)