Op 7-1-2024 om 11:23 schreef Sven Barth via fpc-pascal:
To underline this with some numbers (I assume you mean the demo/text/hello.pp which only contains a mere "Writeln('Hello World')" and no additional units; all tests on x86_64-linux with 3.3.1):

- FPC compiled as is: 388976 B
- FPC compiled with full smartlinking: 55920 B
- FPC compiled with C linkage: 388760 B
- FPC compiled with full smartlinking and C linkage: 56792 B

(gotta admit, the last one surprised me though ^^')

I noticed that when I implemented -dFPC_USE_LIBC. The dynamic library overhead is bigger than the 15-20kb worth of routines saved in fairly simple programs. In the past is was even more pronounced because readdir was kernel.