On 2024-01-21 13:21, Guillermo Martínez Jiménez via fpc-pascal wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to make FPC detect and warn (or even
stop compillation when) it has detect a nested comment.  That's because
I'm using Vim and it closes odd comments.  For example, the nex code:

{ This comment isn't closed. *)
  DoSomething ();
{ This is a nested comment. }

I know this is a silly mistake, but sometimes I comment batchs of codde
to deactivate them temporary and when un-comment they're non paired and
it result in weird runtime bugs.

A command line option that activate that functionality would be great.
Something like -wn (because -vn is used for notes).

What do you thing?

Well, I guess that you use mode Delphi, because warning about nested comments and even an error in your case (due to nested comment not closed) is already issued by default. So the very simple solution is using e.g. -Mobjfpc. ;-)

Tomas