This is my opinion from my testing, but others may have something else to say.

1) Does it affects constants only?
Not really, if you set a variable with constant terms, it is affected, if you
set a variable with other variables, it is not affected.
Cont
   Mycontant := 8432+33/1440.0;    //Is affected;
Var
   MyDoubleVariable:Double;

MyDoubleVariable := 8432+33/1440.0;   //Is affected

Var
   MyInteger : Ineger;
   MyByte :  Byte
   MySingle : Single;
   MyDouble : Double;

MyInteger := 8432;
MyByte := 33;
MySingle := 1440.0;
MyDouble := MyInteger + MyByte / MySingle; //   is NOT affected;

2) Does it affects the LargerFloat type?
I don’t know what you mean by LargerFloat, but Double an d Extended are
affected, and even Real if your platform defines Real as a Double.
Anything that is not Single precision is affected.

3) Should I use {$MINFPCONSTPREC 64} in {$mode objfpc} too to avoid it?
Everyone should use {$MINFPCONSTPREC 64} in all programs until the bug is
fixed, unless you use extended, then you have no good solution. Because you
can’t set it to 80.

4) BONUS: Is the LargerFloat type really the larger, or should one do something
else?
I’m afraid I don’t qualify for the bonus, because I don’t know what LargerFloat
is.

James